Johannesburg, South Africa, June 16, 2020: Zensar, a digital solutions and technology services company that specialises in partnering with global organisations on their digital transformation journey, announced that it has strengthened its partnership with NetFlorist, a leading online gifting company from South Africa to enable it to diversify its business offerings during the current situation to now include essential grocery section. NetFlorist wanted its customers to have the option to buy essential items during the COVID-19 lockdown. The online company, in collaboration with the Zensar team worked within a short period of time to diversify its business model to include essential commodities. This was an extension of its business, that involved changes in its website, ordering process, backend IT systems as well as its delivery model.
Sandeep Kishore, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Zensar, said, “The entire team at Zensar is committed to partnering with our customers to remain operational and mitigate the business challenges caused due to COVID-19. This is the time to extend beyond the normal and I am proud of our team who have helped the NetFlorist team expand their business offerings with the objective of remaining relevant for their customers in these tough times.”
According to Ryan Bacher, Managing Director, NetFlorist, “We are fortunate to have a trusted and dynamic partner in Zensar. Our teams have collaborated within the shortest possible time to reengineer our business model to support our customer’s immediate need for essential commodities. We are focused on been of service to our customers in these troubled times by offering them seamless shopping experience like always".
Harish Lala, Senior Vice-President and Head, South Africa said, “NetFlorist has always strived to offer superior customer service. We had the clear objective of ensuring that the well-loved brand continues to engage with its customers proactively to help them manage these tough times. It entailed our team to work closely as one force, driven to achieve this feat in a matter of days. We are delighted to have been there for NetFlorist through these unprecedented times.”
The highlights of the business transformation included the following initiatives:
- The website needed to be reengineered from the backend as the business objective was to move from gifts, to essential items needed during the lockdown
- Enabling a new framework wherein changes were made by adding application landscape, while keeping the existing systems running as usual
- All the changes and revisions were made in a short span of time to ensure that NetFlorist could fulfil orders at the earliest, within a couple of days
- The entire business process had to be modified with changes in the shopping process, consolidation of the delivery charges to suit the new model where there are multiple purchases along with revision in the after-sales process
- Due to the closure of the call centre, mails were the only way to connect with customers, so the mail systems needed to be agile and effective
- The combined expertise of both teams resulted in a successful business model in a short span of time to mitigate the current situation for the customer who is now able to buy what they need
About NetFlorist- https://www.netflorist.co.za/
NetFlorist started in 1999 as an online flower gifting services that sells various types of products, ranging from flowers, jewellery, perfumes, and gift hampers etc. The company has grown into South Africa’s leading and largest online gifting retailer.
Zensar is a leading digital solutions and technology services company that specializes in partnering with global organizations across industries on their digital transformation journey. A technology partner of choice, backed by a strong track record of innovation; credible investment in digital solutions; and unwavering commitment to client success, Zensar’ s comprehensive range of digital and technology services and solutions enables its clients achieve new thresholds of business performance. Zensar, with its experience in delivering excellence and superior client satisfaction through myriad technology solutions, is uniquely positioned to help its clients surpass challenges they face running their existing business most efficiently, helping in their legacy transformation, and planning for business expansion and growth through innovative and digital ways.
About RPG Enterprises(www.rpggroup.com)
RPG Enterprises, established in 1979, is one of India's fastest growing business groups with a turnover of Rs 23000 Cr. The group has diverse business interests in the areas of Infrastructure, Tyres, Pharma, IT and Specialty as well as in emerging innovation led technology businesses.